[ROLSS] Update to GERB status

Hanafin, Jennifer A j.hanafin at imperial.ac.uk
Fri Sep 17 10:22:45 GMT 2004

Dear all,

the process to return GERB to NORMAL operations is continuing. The
instrument has been returned to SUNBLOCK mode, and will be left there
for a few days until the mirror has had a chance to run in again after a
rather long spell of inactivity. Procedures at Imperial and EUMETSAT are
being updated to help prevent the reoccurence of the events leading to
this data loss.

I will let you know when data becomes available again - we are expecting
that to happen next week. Thanks for your patience and apologies for the
continued delay.

Regards,

Jenny

Dr J A Hanafin